- Happy Mats – Create simple algorithms (sets of instructions) to move a character through a maze using a single command. C1L01 p.13
- Move IT, Move IT – Instruct classmates to move through a maze. C1L02 p.11
- Real-Life Algorithms – Plant a Seed – Ways use algorithms in daily lives, planting a seed. Additional Lesson: Fold-a-Book. C1L06 p.41
- Building a Foundation- Build a marshmallow structure to build perseverance. C1L09 p.49 – Marshmallow Tower Handout
- Getting Loopy – Programming concept of loops through dance choreography. C1L12 p.58
- The Big Event – Programming concept of events, actions a computer monitors for. C1L15 p.68
- Graph Paper Programmingg or “Be a Robot” Game” – Write an algorithm using a set of predefined commands to reproduce a drawing. C2L01 p.85
- Real Life Algorithm: Paper Planes or Fold-a-book. Discuss ways use algorithms in our daily lives.C2L02 p.96
- Relay Programming Run relay race writing one instruction at a time to program image. If error, have to erase everything back to the error.C2L09 p.119
- Conditionals – Create the rules to play a card game. Could also make a dice game.
- Binary Bracelets – Create bracelets from paper template that is representation of first letter of their name.
- Computational Thinking – Use steps of CT (Decompose, Pattern Match, Abstract, Algorithm) to figure out how to play a game that comes with no instructions.
- Functional Sun-catchers – Create an algorithm with functions (pieces of code that you want to use over and over again) to create sun-catchers using string and beads.
- Songwriting with Parameters – Use concept of the chorus in a song to learn about functions.
- Real Life Algorithms – Dice Race< Identify and write down the algorithm for a dice race game./li>
- Internet – Send messages representing Internet transmission methods using paper.
- Crowd sourcing – Use a problem-solving technique common in computer science to complete a task as a classroom, which is more efficient than doing it alone.
- CREATE AN APP
- Make an App – Course 1
- Make an App – Course 2
- Make an App – Course 3
- Make an APP – Create your own game. Click Finish to let friends try your story on their phones.
- Draw something fun – Save to your Code Studio portfolio. Make a screen capture and add to your blog site.